Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Brakspear Brewing Site (the "Site") operated by Marston's Beer Company (a trading division of Marston’s PLC). We are very pleased to welcome you to our site, but before you read on about our company, we would be grateful if you would take a few minutes to read the important materials that follow.
This Site is owned by Marston's PLC. Our Company information is as follows:
Telephone 01902 711811
Registered in England No. 31461
VAT Number: GB100019352
You can contact via email by clicking here.
The purpose of this section is to describe the conditions (the "Terms") that apply to your access to and use of our Site. If you visit us at this Site we will assume that you understand and intend these Terms to apply to you.
The following points may help you to understand the legal environment in which we operate:
Types of cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies our websites use and some more details about what they’re used for:
|Cookie name||Purpose||Expiration policy|
This cookie is used to maintain temporary information from one page to another.
|Expires at the end of the current browser session.|
This cookie stores the response for age verification page.
|If 'remember me' is set the cookie expires 12 months from acceptance date otherwise expires at the end of the current browser session.|
Collect analytical data about how visitors use our site - so that we can improve the website's experience.
The Google Analytics software is described here
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites here
All of the material you see on this site is owned by us or used by us with the consent of the owner. We are very happy for you to visit this Site and to print copies of material on it for your personal, non-commercial use, but all other copying is prohibited and all other rights are reserved.
The name of our company, divisions and our various brands are trade marks belonging to us and are registered in many different countries. This is also true of many of the other logos and creative materials that you will see on our product pack and on this Site. We (and the other owners of other materials used on this Site) are proud of these precious assets and make every effort to protect them. We would ask you to note that any use or reproduction of these trade marks is prohibited.
We provide this Site "as is". We have taken care in preparing materials for the Site but we cannot guarantee that:
- It will always be available for you to visit/use in the current format;
- Software downloaded from the Site will be compatible with your equipment or free from viruses;
- All materials will be accurate or complete.
To the fullest extent possible at law we (and all of our sister, parent subsidiary companies and agencies) exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage) suffered by you as a result of any visit to or use of this site or of any materials provided on it or downloaded from it or your inability to use this site or any error in the provision of this Site or any computer virus transmitted through this Site whether such loss or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Links to other sites
Links to third party sites on this Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Site. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Linking this site
If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of our images;
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Site;
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any trade marks displayed on this Site without written permission from us;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Other legal notices
There may be other legal notices on areas of this Site which relate to your use of specific areas.
Changes to this legal notice
We may amend this legal notice from time to time.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any matter relating to this Site will be governed by English law and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of them.
This Site is made available by Marston’s PLC of Registered office Marston’s PLC, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT, Telephone 01902 711811, Registered in England No. 31461, VAT Number: GB100019352 – referred to in this statement as “we” or “us” are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the Purpose of the relevant Data Protection Legislation (the “DPL”) including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and any replacement or successor legislation coming into effect from time to time, including (without limitation) the GDPR, We are the data controller. The Site is hosted for us by Think Incorporated Ltd of Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Birmingham Science Park Aston, Holt Street, Birmingham, B7 4BB (thinkincorporated.com) and they are the data processor.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our products/services, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- if relevant, to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Subject to your consent. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information remains unticked; and
- to notify you about changes to our service
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Any member of our group or trading divisions;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with "aggregate" or "anonymised" information about our users; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions; This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Why we Process your personal data
The data requested from you throughout the course of the use of the website will be necessary in the interest of registering you to use our site, subscribing you to our products/services, placing your order on our site, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, entering a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. Non-Mandatory fields will be marked as such to give you the option of inputting personal data.
The basis of processing for each use of the website varies. Generally, use of the website that is based on:
- Legitimate interest is registering to use our site, participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, entering a competition, promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our site and enquiring or submitting feedback.
- Consent is subscriptions to our products/services.
- Contract is placing an order or making a purchase on our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we store your personal data
Generally, where use of the website is based on:
- Legitimate interest, we will hold the data until such a time that it is no longer in your interest that we hold your data. This can include but is not limited to at the point of resolution of your enquiry or feedback.
- Consent, we will check with you regularly that you still want to receive our communications. We will take inaction as confirmation that you no longer want to receive our communications.
- Contract, we will hold the data for 6 years plus current year.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ensuring the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data remain unchecked. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to object to us processing your data where we are doing so on the basis of legitimate interest, however it may mean that we are unable to provide the service you are requesting. You may restrict our processing of your data (for instance not receive marketing communications) if the information we hold on you is incorrect, with the right to have this corrected at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
You have the right to have your data removed from our systems at any time by contacting us. This will only be done in as far as possible if we are no longer required to retain the information for instance for financial records, or under legal obligation.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can do this by contacting us.
You also have the right to have any data we hold transferred to a third party at your request, if that data is held on the basis of consent or contract. Please use the link above to contact us to do this.